Saturday, October 15, 2011

Freakin Frakkin Kickball!

Source

So just mere hours after the last post, I found myself at a new boot camp location where the trainer had the brilliant idea that we should play kickball.  I was pissed.  You know how I feel about kickball.  In four months of boot camp, the phrase kickball has never passed anyone's lips.  But, since I had just posted about how much I loooooove boot camp and how it challenges me but sometimes could be harder, (blah blah blah you're a self absorbed windbag)  I knew.  THIS was the ultimate challenge.  I looked on enviously at my fellow boot campers who called bullshit and left.  I hung out with the other whiners who weren't going to let the childhood trauma of kickball bring us down.  I wasn't alone.  I wasn't the only one who'd ever been picked last.  And, we played, and grumbled under our breath.  It sucked.  I found myself running in place just to keep my heart rate up.  I couldn't catch a one ball headed in my direction.  They flew through my arms as if I had designed by arms to be a basketball goal.  Humiliations galore.   Oh, by the way, I did not redeem myself and I  am still pissed about ever hearing the words kickball.

No comments:

Post a Comment