Monday, April 30, 2012

New Adventures


So, I am focused today.  I made my salads for the week last night, I haven't eaten any wheat or corn today.  No sweets.  YAY!!!  I feel good!

I joined Crossfit today.  I signed up for three months.  I am excited to see what this type of activity does to change my body.  After my first session last week I was hooked.  I loved the amount of focus it took to push my body beyond what I thought I could do.  Last Tuesday I took one look a the posted workout and thought (after they explained the acronyms and other such foreign notation), "If I can get through this, I am a Badass!"

I made it with modifications of course, but I was in love with the intensity and the huge feeling of accomplishment I felt afterwards.  So I decided to join.

And then I had to rest since the workout was a beating and aforementioned Whataburger excursion was followed by Sushi Gluttony and Braums Fudge Brownie Sundae.  Double. Scoop.  It's amazing how much food you can pack into 48hrs over a weekend.  Buuuuuut, I joined today!  Yay me!

Today was not easy either but I loved it.  The challenge of pushing my body to move the weights, to focus on form is relaxing and therapeutic.  I am convinced I will see results quickly.  But as any self-saboteur knows, the high precedes the pits of sabotage.  We'll see if I stay focused or fall completely off.   This was my workout:

And this was my time:

Now I have a baseline.  No, I did not do a Hand Stand Push Up.  I did a Push Press with the Oly Bar.  I attempted a handstand once today.  I got my feets up in the air with an assist from coach guy.  That is the extent of it, but one day I WILL!  HSPU here I come!    That is something I haven't attempted since the third grade.  Ok?

I did take some photos a few weeks ago in preparation for taking my exercise up a notch and not counting calories/points, or otherwise stressing over the minutiae of my diet.  My plan is to keep making healthy decisions on a daily basis and plan for some days that include ice cream or chips and queso.  I re-set my Fitness Pal to be at 2000 calories a day and I'll let you know how that goes.  The pictures and not the scale will be my measurement of success.  One day I might share the pics, but I'm not ready to show the world my jelly.  And yes I have it.  I just hide it under my clothes.

2 comments:

  1. CrossFit-yeah! Introduction session for me today :) Upside down push ups?! I'd LOVE to be able to do them one day!
    Question: I've never prepared salads for a week, how do they hold up to freshness? (In my head, if you cut up carrots, they dry out faster, so I think the same happens to the rest of veggies?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I put the salads in a ziploc bowl and they keep pretty well for about 6 days. The key is to make them very close to the day you buy the lettuce. I never use spinach since that goes bad so fast. Hearts of Romaine and the Artisan clamshell from Kroger are the best. Green Leaf lettuce is what I have in the pics. I use broccoli slaw, shredded carrots, cherry or grape tomatoes, cucumbers and radish. Anything else doesn't last too long

    ReplyDelete