Monday, November 28, 2011

Eating


I have been eating.  Like, crazy eating.  And the most insane part of all that eating is...I've been losing weight.  I have been less regimented over the last three weeks due to some travel, some illness and some Thanksgiving shenanigans.  I have not been tracking my points and I have been making love to chocolate.  Gross?  Too much info?  Well, it's purely a non-sexual relationship, just a love relationship. More like unrequited love.  Anyweigh, I'm down 3.7lbs and this is the most significant loss in a three week period that I've had since I began WW in February.

Two things come to mind when I consider what in the world is happening here.  First, I have been tracking Activity Points and making sure I didn't stop working out.  Excepting for the week when all I could eat was a piece of toast a day due to excessive grossness that I won't even get into, I was at the gym my usual 4-6 days/week. Second, I ate my usual foods, but didn't really write them down.

I am pretty boring with my food.  Usually I have the same breakfast: 1/2 cup Egg Beaters (Store Brand, not the real Egg Beaters) with 28g low fat cheese and three slices of Turkey Bacon.  I have the same lunch: Zero Points Plus Salad with a one or two point dressing.  I have the same snacks: Fage 0 with 1/2 tbs honey and 2tbs PB2, two low fat cheese sticks for three Points and a couple of pieces of fruit.  Dinner: 3-6 oz Fish or chicken or beef, no side dish.  So, I am guessing I may have had days where I went over my points and days where I was under.  (Don't forget the Chocolate love affair) I still earned about 20 to 25 AP during the week.

Since I didn't keep track, I have no way of actually knowing what it was that I was doing.  This really pisses me off since it was successful and I would like to keep repeating it.  But maybe this is the proof that I needed that being so strict with the food wasn't really helping me.  I ate when I was hungry and didn't when I wasn't.  Maybe I haven't been getting enough food since I am sure I was over what I normally ate during the visit to Grandma.  I ate real frikkin bacon people!  More than once.  And I had chocolate.

I HAD CHOCOLATE.  Lots of it, shamelessly.

Every time I went to my meeting/weigh in and I was very nervous because I just knew I was going to gain since I was so off my plan, I would lose.  And the receptionist would say, "Watch out for next week.  That's when it will show up".  It didn't.  It might this coming week since Thanksgiving triggered my carb addiction in a bad way and I am off my usual breakfast and dinner regimen.  (Carbs!  Dressing with sausage and pecans and onions OH MY!  Dinner rolls.  I had two at dinner tonight.)  I don't know.

I throw my hands in the air and surrender to my stupididity.  Thanks inner saboteur for doing something right and then not letting me in on the secret.  'Preciate Cha.

No comments:

Post a Comment